Our hectic lifestyle and workloads do not let us live in a healthy way. The craving for junk food and stress-filled environment gives us an unhealthy body. The tummy and thighs are the worst affected body parts of all where most of the fat gets deposited. Belly fat accumulates due to overeating and lack of exercise.That type of yoga aasan that help with weight loss. While hitting the gym daily might be a little tough for some of us, an hour of yoga every morning can help us burn calories and lose weight naturally.
yoga asanas for weight loss is an effective alternative. By adopting the methods of yoga, one can reduce weight, control the body and soul. Along with these benefits, one can also experience mental peace. Losing weight and staying in shape will also build self-esteem and reduce the stress levels.
Here are 12 yoga postures which, when done correctly and regularly, promote healthy weight loss, a tough spine and smoother digestion.
Take a look
1. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) The Surya Namaskar or sun salutation helps to detoxify your body. It is very effective in the morning after many hours of lack of movement during sleep. and Sun salutations tone up the internal abdominal organs by alternate stretching compression cycles that aid in better digestion and bowel movement. It also helps to avoid fat build-up and aids weight loss. Try to do at least two rounds to notice and feel the difference.
2. Cat stretch (Marjariasana) Cat stretch gives flexibility to the spine. It strengthens wrist joints and shoulders. It massages the digestive organs and tones the abdomen. Cat stretch also improves digestion, a problem most of us are plagued with. It also helps in reducing belly fat.
3. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) This is yet another yoga posture that helps burn belly fat. Here, the weight of your body on the navel area massages the digestive organ. This helps in digestion and elimination of toxins from the body. Cobra pose strengthens the muscles of the back, abdomen and the entire upper body. It also makes the spine flexible. Hold the cobra pose for 30 seconds and repeat it every morning to lose weight.
4. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) This yoga pose not only helps in losing weight but also helps in strengthening the abdominal core. To reach its full potential you can rock back and forth. It is an excellent belly massage, and also fights constipation and accelerates digestion. It reduces weight in a healthy way.
5. Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana) The warrior pose strengthens the hamstrings, thighs, legs, and ankles as the body weight is transferred on the thighs with the forward bend. It helps to stimulate abdominal organs which can help increase the stamina. Stamina built up can help to keep you going over a longer period of time.
6. Angle Pose (Konasana) Konasana stretches the sides of the body and the spine. It tones the arms, legs, and abdominal organs.
7. Triangle Pose (Trikonasana) Trikonasana stretches the sides of the body. It tones the arms, legs, and abdominal organs. This aasan also improves the flexibility of the spine and hips.
8. Bridge Pose (Setu Bandhasana) This is a slightly challenging pose, but it can help you build your core strength, and improve the flexibility of your spine. It will also help you lose the extra weight around your middle and strengthen your neck and chest muscles.
9. Chair Pose (Utkatasana) This is the yogic version of squats; you basically have to pretend you’re sitting on a chair. As a beginner, you won’t have a lot of strength, so you can alternate sitting in this pose and standing in Tadasana (Mountain Pose) with each breath, to make it easier. This pose will strengthen your leg muscles and give you a great butt, so keep at it!
10. Butterfly Pose (Badhakonasana) Butterfly pose offers a good stretch for the inner thighs and knees. This can help eradicate fatigue caused by long hours of standing or walking. It improves and regulates bowel movements. It helps in reducing extra fat from thighs.
11. Tree pose (Tadasana) The mountain pose helps strengthen the heart and also adds flexibility to the body.
12. Wide-legged standing forward bend (Ardha Uttanasana) This pose will strengthen your inner thigh muscles, and stretch your hamstrings. It will also improve your flexibility considerably.
If you are also suffering from the extra fat problem then start doing these asanas regularly. But remember if you are a beginner you must do these yoga asanas in a correct manner and posture or under the guidance of any instructor or Guru. You can also join any yoga training center. Yoga Vedanta is such type of Yoga training center at Rishikesh in the yoga capital of the world where you can learn yoga in the pleasant environment of Rishikesh. Yoga Vedanta has conducted 200 Hours yoga training program for the beginners.
Along with the exercise, you must also learn to listen to your body. Do not overstretch as a beginner. It is always advisable to practice this asana under the supervision of a certified yoga instructor if you are a beginner.
Beginners can also join 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTTC) that has been conducted by one of the best Yoga school of Rishikesh, Yoga Vedanta. Here are experienced yoga instructors such as Yogi Anand, Yogi Br. Gopal to guide you. Our certification program is recognized by Yoga Alliance USA. For more details about our yoga school, you can visit us at – http://www.yoga-vedanta.in